Quick hits from Pac-12 media day in Los Angeles.
Arizona: Mike Stoops & QB Nick Foles
- Stoops: "I think we have a very talented group of players coming back."
- Stoops: "Hope experience at QB and WR will balance out our lack of experience on offensive line."
- Stoops: "our inability in kicking game led to our demise in a couple of games." Can any Wildcats fans remember any specific games?
- Stoops: "taking the next step and becoming an elite program is something we are going to work hard on."
- Stoops on being picked fourth in South: "We've never been picked high. It's not unusual for us... must think I'm a bad coach."
- Stoops on sideline behavior: "That's not me. That's a different person." Said laughing. "It's part of who I am."
- Stoops on Criner: "Juron just had some personal and family issues with his mother that he had to attend to." Mother ill, spent time in Texas. "I think he feels much better about his mother and he feels a lot better about her condition."
- Stoops on end of season: "We played some teams that ran the ball at us effectively and our inability to run the ball effectively" in that team lost its physical edge.