Quick hits from Pac-12 media day in Los Angeles.
Colorado: Jon Embree & QB Tyler Hansen
- Embree: Pac-12 "is a great fit for us athletically and academically."
- Embree: "I want to improve the identity of our program." Which means "I don't think we've run the football like we should."
- Hansen on Pac-12: "Being from California, I grew up a Pac-10 fan."
- Embree: "We have to get to where we are recruiting [California] effectively."
- Embree on Hansen: "I think Tyler fits and belongs with the guys you have here, the quarterbacks you have in this conference." Says priority is TD to interceptions ratio. Added that "off the field he's done everything we've asked him to."
- Embree: "I thing 12 is better than 16" when asked about expansion.
- Embree notes that having a son -- Taylor, a UCLA WR -- has helped him develop some knowledge of the conference.
- Embree: "As a defensive coordinator, you can't just say, 'This is who we are.'" Addressing diversity of offenses in conference.
- On CU losing 18 in a row on road: "I don't think there's anyone on our team who has been part of a road win... good teams win on the road. Obviously, we haven't been a good team or I wouldn't be here." First game is at Hawaii. "We need to address that issue immediately... I'll leave it at that."