Quick hits from Pac-12 media day in Los Angeles.
Oregon State: Coach Mike Riley and safety Lance Mitchell
- Riley on receiver James Rodgers: "The one thing you can never do with James is count him out ... he is running. He has always been considered ahead of schedule." Said "major" doctor's appointment coming up.
- On Oregon: "We try not to compare apples and oranges."
- Mitchell on new tauting rule: "I don't think it will be a problem on our team."
- Riley: "It will be interesting to know where replay will continue to head."
- Mitchell on defense: "I think last year we kind of fell off ... we've got a lot of young guys who played last year."
- Riley on running back: "We don't have right now a No. 1 back who is going to replace" Jacquizz Rodgers. Said it probably would be "running back by committee."
- Riley on Halahuni: "They anticipate him being ready at some time into fall camp ... I think in a best-case scenario, he'll be practicing the last couple weeks of fall camp." But then a we'll see on when he'll be ready to play in games.
- Riley on Jacquizz Rodgers entering NFL draft, on whether he made right decision: "I think he did."